Which level of government can help me?

Local Government - Maitland City Council

If your issue is in the following list, it’s best to contact Maitland City Council directly on 4934 9700 or email [email protected]

  • Local Roads and footpaths

  • Rubbish Collection

  • Rates

  • Sporting Fields and Parks

  • Street Lighting and Signage

  • Residential and Commercial Development

  • Animal Control

NSW State Government responsibilities

If your issue falls into one of the following categories I may be able to help by making representations to the relevant department.

  • Community Health and Dental          

  • Public Hospitals

  • Education

  • Land and Water Management

  • Industrial Relations

  • Primary Industries

  • Public Housing

  • Main Roads

  • Public Works

  • Emergency Services

  • National Parks

  • Transport

  • Attorney-General

  • Ageing and Disability

  • Community Services

  • Police

  • Fair Trading

  • Multiculturalism

  • Medical Research

Federal Issues

If you have a Federal Government issue you should contact your local Federal Member. Most people in Maitland are covered by Meryl Swanson MP (Member for Paterson) or by David Gillespie MP (Member for Lyne).


  • Taxation

  • Aged Care

  • Trade

  • Foreign Affairs

  • Higher Educatoin

  • Defence

  • Aviation and Shipping

  • Telecommunications

  • National Highways

  • Veterans' Affairs

  • Medicare 

  • Centrelink

  • Child Support